Monday, March 3, 2014

Cameron: 20 Months




I always say that "this" stage is my favorite, but this month (the last half of it, anyways) has been a little different. You're defiant. You're stubborn. You're learning. I am learning. Again. I'm learning how to listen to you. I'm learning how to anticipate. I'm learning how to just let you try something and fail, get frustrated and communicate your needs. I'm learning - thank you for being patient with me, sweet baby. (PS I both Mom's on Call ordered and Happiest Toddler on my bookshelf...I know what I'll be reading tonight!)

Teeth: 16 still...waiting for those molars!

Diapers: 5
Pants: 18-24 months mostly
Tops: 18-24 months
Shoes: 7

Sleep: You go down right around 7 each night and usually go to sleep with no issues...most of the time you chatter to yourself for about 30 minutes before finally going to sleep. You wake around 5:45 - 6:00 most mornings, and we still cuddle on the couch until about 6:30. It's my favorite part of the day. You usually nap from about 12:30 - 2:30, but have had some days where you fight a nap as long as you can...or just don't nap! (Thankfully, that's only happened once or twice.)

Food: You are the pickiest eater!! You love mac and cheese, hot dogs and anything with carbs: chips, crackers, cookies, Pirate Booty, goldfish, etc...you like green beans about every other time. You do love fruit, thankfully. You also love any kind of dairy: milk, yogurt, cheese...you just don't eat a lot!

Loves: Putting things in the trash, watching Toy Story 1, 2 or 3, baths, hats, shoes (STILL), and your pacifier...that darn thing. We have gotten it down to mainly just the car and sleeping, but there are times that you find one in your bin of toys (yuck) and refuse to give it up. I'm learning which battles to fight and when, and this is one that I give up on sometimes. You are obsessed with Woody...we even had to make him a "bed" so he goes to sleep when you do and it's not a battle. I pay myself on the back on this one...hehe. 

Hates: Getting your diaper changed. Most things when you're tired, especially getting in the car seat. You either turn into a stiff plank or a piece of cooked spaghetti...haha!!

Toys: Balls. Cars. Stuffed animals. Your vacuum. Woody. Trucks.

Social: We start a music class today and have been getting to a lot of local play areas: Children's Museum, Tumble Tikes, Peekaboo...it's too darn cold to be outside! We've had a few play dates (and had to cancel a few because of your nap-strikes) and have one coming up this weekend that I am so excited for with my old high school basketball teammates! We have ventured to a few basketball games, and you do not like being confined - I think we've seen a preview of what flying will be like with you this summer!

You are a boy through-and-through, and I still love it. I love how "rough" you are but then turn into a total love when we cuddle. I love that you still me need me for so much more than you think you do, but you're trying to be independent. I love that you get yourself "stuck" between the couch cushions and ask me for "help, please, momma, stuck." I love that every time you fall, you say, "ok?" so I ask you if you're ok...then you tell me "yep." You kill me. I adore you!







Okay, seriously...I am about to starting keeping track of your age by YEARS not months. Why is this happening to me?? Where did my baby go?? #hellobabyfever

12 comments:

  1. i feel like 20 months (even 23 months) is awesome and and frustrating all at once!! They're so funny, and cute, but strong willed and oh boy. Let me know if you like those books. and cam is pretty damn adorable if i do say so myself :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am right there with you! But he is so gosh darn adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. seriously so cute! love that you are documenting these little memories!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So great that you document all these details...it will be so fun to look back over these one day :) He is just cute as can be!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad to see I'm not the only one who has a picky eater and a diaper change hater!! We are very excited to hang out with you guys this weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. He is so cute!!! I love these updates!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Isn't this age amazing? They are growing and learning and changing so much right now. Crazy, defiant, independent, but still so sweet and snuggly. Toddlers are truly just incredible.

    ReplyDelete
  8. My son is beginning to love Woody! It is the cutest thing. So glad I found your blog! Xo

    nessaswrld.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my gosh these pictures of him are adorable!!! Happy 20 months Cam :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cam has the cutest smile ever - so contagious! Happy 20 months, Cam!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I just found you from the 'boy mom' series and had to stop by when I saw your little guy is obsessed with Toy Story too! My son just started watching it and is so hooked. Every morning when we go downstairs it's "Buzz.Woody.Buzz.Woody." This is also the case after his nap. We have all three so we rotate but I am about to go crazy having to watch it everyday. I let him watch one a day, but he would watch it all day long if I let him. I also have the almost exact picture of my son with his head in a paper bag with the middle cut out! I tried making it look like an astronaut suit lol! Glad to have found you. I am following on Bloglovin' now :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...