I have been totally MIA lately, but I have a few fun updates to share with you, so I am joining these lovely ladies for Five on Friday.
1) I signed up for my first ever race: a 5k on Mother's Day put on by our local Minor League Baseball Team. I have started to "train" by doing an accelerated C25K program. I am quite proud of my progress and still have almost two months to go. :)
Slugger (the mascot) and his mom...too cute
2) Another house renovation update: We have no walls, windows, roof or floor on 1/3 of the house! They are rebuilding this section to make it more secure and to be able to hold more weight since we are adding a third floor to that section. I love seeing progress! We are also thisclose to getting our building permit, timeline and final budget...let's get things moving along!!
3) I have started to see a chiropractor in hopes of getting some sinus relief. My allergies have always been a major burden ever since I was little. I am allergic to so many indoor and outdoor elements as well as animals, all of which are hard to avoid! I have a deviated septum from a broken nose injury in college, which has only made my symptoms worse. My doctor suggested surgery, so I am hoping that I can avoid that by some chiropractic work. Have you had any success with acupuncture or chiropracty for sinus relief?
4) March is endometriosis month! I don't think I ever shared this, but I had surgery back in October to remove some endometriosis. I was pain-free almost immediately and a lot of other symptoms have subsided. Thank goodness! The procedure wasn't bad, but the recovery was a little long...I will probably have to do it again in ten years or so, but it's so worth it to relieve the pain!
5) We are off to Burlington, VT, this weekend! I have lived in New England for most of my life but have never been to Vermont (except driving through it to get to Canada)! We are so excited to just get away and explore this quaint little town...I'm fairly sure some good beer and food will be consumed, too. :) Any tips for staying in a hotel room with a little one? We've traveled, but always had another "room" to go to after Cam goes to sleep...I'm fairly sure we don't want to sit in the dark for an hour while he dozes off!! Wine in the hallway, anyone??
Happy Weekend, friends!!