Tuesday, February 18, 2014

My Go-To Dinner



If you know me at all, you know that I am not a cooking gal, and I try to stay away from the kitchen as much as possible until it's time to do the dishes. I am good at doing the dishes.

So, when I found this recipe, I thought I would give it a whirl...with a little guidance from Chad (who IS an amazing chef and graduate of CIA), this has quickly turned into my go-to meal to cook.

PS I looooove Italian, but I normally do not like shrimp. At all. However, the flavors of this sauce are so yummy, and the shrimp soak up the flavors perfectly.

PPS I have altered the original recipe a bit (left out a few unnecessary (to us) ingredients and switched the order of the directions to work a little better).





Ingredients:
1 lb raw shrimp (shell removed)
pasta (we use angel hair)
6 medium tomatoes
1 small onion (or 1/4 cup green onion) finely chopped
chili flakes - to your liking (A little goes a long way!)
1 garlic clove, pressed
4 tablespoons unsalted butter
1 cup dry white wine
1/2 cup heavy cream
salt, pepper and parmesan

Directions:

SAUCE
1. Sweat the garlic and onions in a heavy pan (sautee them until you can smell them)
2. Add the tomatoes, butter and chili flakes...let simmer for a few minutes
3. Add the wine and cook until you can't taste wine when you try the sauce (this should take about the time it takes to cook the shrimp and cook the pasta)

SHRIMP
4. Season shrimp with salt and peper and cook in a separate heavy pan (about 3 minutes)

PASTA
5. Cook pasta in salted water, rinse, drain and set aside 

PUTTING IT ALL TOGETHER
6. Add the heavy cream and cooked shrimp to the tomato sauce
7. Add the pasta and mix together
8. Serve with parmesan (either grated or shredded)

Serve with wine. It's delicious. :)


Once you get the sauce going, it's so easy from there. 

If I can do this, you can, too!! Trust me.




2 comments:

  1. Mmm. That looks delicious! And easy enough for me to handle! Totally trying this puppy out :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum....looks so good! I'm not a fan of cooking either and avoid it at all costs if possible!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...