Friday, February 7, 2014

5 on Friday: House Reno




1. They are starting to demo our house today...I cannot wait to share pictures! However, we are still waiting on the building permit, so we may have half a house for awhile. 

2. We were 100% dead set on heated concrete floors because they are about the same as tile or wood. However, what we didn't know was that they have to build a TON of extra support to hold the weight of the concrete. Duh. We never thought about that. So, it's back to wood flooring throughout the whole first floor. 

image from Google




3. Do you like our living room? I cannot wait for this room to be complete with those bay windows...they just don't build rooms like this anymore!





4. We have been searching and searching for an exterior that would fit all of our needs. (We are buying this with my mom, so its her house, too! This is great, but does require some compromising.) We drove by this adorable house that mixes materials and colors - just what we want! We have asbestos siding, but don't want to remove it due to the high cost. However, we will obviously have to reside the part we tear down, so we are going to mix materials. We also love the look of brown with gray, so this is the perfect combo:

We will be painting the porch roof blue...hello, southern roots!

What do you think??



5. I spent all of yesterday and will spent most of today organizing, purging and packing for our move...we have to live in "temporary" housing for a few months before our house is done, so it's taking extra time to really plan. Do you have any tips for me? Moving tips? Packing tips? Anything...please!! Haha


PS Did you see my guest post on Emily's blog? I am talkin' bout love and dating with children!

Have a great weekend!!


9 comments:

  1. I would never think about the support for concrete floors - makes sense though! I love that wood in the picture you put up though - are you guys going with some similar? Good luck with everything! Can't wait to see all the pictures!

    Shannon
    Clothes & Quotes

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, your living room looks so inviting! ;) Can't wait to see what it all looks like when it's finished! What an exciting time in your life!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Found your blog through 5 on Friday. You live in Maine!!! My in-laws visit every year. They would love to live in Maine by the ocean. Far different than my Texas life...and so fantastic! I loved looking around your blog. New follower. Can't wait to see your renovations--I'm a sucker for transformations. Have a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Visiting from the link up. Looking forward to reading more about your home renovations!

    ReplyDelete
  5. yay for demo! love that exterior color--and those bay windows are to die for!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I cannot wait to see all the pictures of the house! So SO exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This just makes me tired reading about all the work and planning and that stuff that goes into a demo, refurb. I hope it goes quickly for you!! But I really do love those wood floors!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's going to be so beautiful when it's all done! Love following y'all's progress :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your house looks great, it just requires a lot of work. I hope the building permit will soon be released so you can begin with the construction. It’s overwhelming but I’m sure with a help of a contractor, everything will be fine. How’s the progress?

    Arthur @ ContractorExpress.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...