Friday, January 31, 2014

5 on Friday: Reviews


I always love to end my week with a good little round up of random tidbits...I've had a few of these things on my mind, but since I am, by no means, any type of review blogger, I thought I would share my thoughts on the below with you now!





1. Captain Phillips



We don't get to the movies a lot, but we can order them On Demand from the comfort of our couch. However, there are rarely any movies that we want to see! When we saw Captain Phillips, we were pretty psyched, and it didn't disappoint. I was more stressed and tense during the entire thing than I was before giving birth to Cam! I have never been so anxious during a movie! But, that's what made it so good. And the acting...everyone knocked it out of the park.




2. Lone Survivor



We heard SO MANY good things about this movie, that we actually got off our couch, got a babysitter (my mom) and went to the movies. Talk about gory...I had my hands over my hands for quite a few scenes. However, the acting and the reality of this movie just brought a constant stream of tears to my eyes at the end. Holy tear-jerker! I won't ruin it for anyone, but go see it. You will appreciate our country and our troops more than ever.


Whoa, two serious movies...I need a good comedy!! Any recommendations???



3. Cam's New Day Care

Things I love:

  • Emails updating me about his day (I wish I could watch him like Julie does!)
  • The routine/structure: He knows where to put his jacket when we get there, where to get his lunch box when we leave, where to stand while he waits to go outside...
  • Reminders about snack/milk duty
  • Class lists for Valentine's Day
  • The fact that he's going to walk to the high school to deliver me a valentine! Seriously? I might die that day...
Things I don't love:
  • Having to pack his lunch...selfish, I know.
  • They don't open until 7:30 and close at 4:30. Again, selfish...when else can I get errands done?!




4. Our Ford Explorer


Neither Chad nor I thought that we would ever be "Ford owners." Found On Road Dead...that's what I learned growing up! But, we have a friend who owns a Ford dealership, so when we were in the market, we stopped by for a test drive. We ended up taking it home overnight and purchasing it the next day. We've had it for six months now, and I LOVE IT.

Seriously...if you are in the market for an SUV, Ford has totally stepped up their game.






5. LLBean Boots




Being a Mainer, I always saw Bean boots on every single person I ever saw a lot of people, but never owned a pair until this year. I needed a pair of boots to wear with a casual outfit that could also be worn in the snow (like, not my Frye boots from eBay). So, Chad got me a pair for Christmas.

Now, I love them. But I wish I had gotten the insulated pair because they do not keep your feet warm!!! But, they are pretty stylish, and I fit in with all of the high school girls, so it's a win in my book. ;) Haha!


Happy Friday, Friends!

2 comments:

  1. Love those boots! That's such a bummer you have to pack Cam's lunch and that they close so early! How would a person who works until 5 go there?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to tell you that we loved Capt Phillips too! But I was so mad they couldn't actually handle those guys...get a gun, there is like 30 of you guys and only four of them....come on!! Edge.Of.My.Seat.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...