Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Guest Post: Preparing for Baby #2



Happy Tuesday, friends!!! We were supposed to be in Vegas today celebrating my big 3-1, but alas, the weather had different plans, and I am at work on my birthday. I guess there are worse things in life. #firstworldproblems 

I will take this opportunity to take a break, so in my place, Caroline is here to talk about something that we will be experiencing in a couple of years (not anytime soon...hence the drinking and partying in Vegas!), so I asked her how she's preparing for Baby #2.  I have loved watching Eli grow into a ONE year old and can't wait to meet precious Ethan in January!



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~







Hi, everyone!  I am Caroline from Simply Smithwick.  I am so honored to have Jess ask me to guest post for her while she's celebrating her birthday (with my birthday this week, I'm jealous).



I am mom to a recently turned one-year-old and soon-to-be mom to a baby boy due in January.  Yes, my boys will be just 13 months apart.    Was this planned?  No, but we are so excited about our two precious miracles.  You can read about our journey to parenthood here.


With that being said, how do you prepare for two kids?  I don't know, but I am learning.

We've really only had to purchase another crib, double stroller, and just a few other things (ie. humidifier, wipe warmer, diaper genie, etc.).  With those exceptions, he'll be able to use the same clothes, swing, exersaucer, Bumbo and bassinet that I used with Eli.



Sounds simple, right?  No.

There are other aspects to having two or more kids.  I know that my husband and I won't be getting much sleep, but how will we bathe them?  How will we make sure they are both fed? How will we have that special bonding time with each of them?

I don't know.

As a planner, I want to map out every single detail and tell you that they're both going to go to bed at this hour, wake up at this hour, eat then and bathe then, but I know that's not a reality.

I am just learning from other moms that I will have to let it go.  Things will work themselves out and in the first few weeks/months, some of the non-important stuff might not get done and that's ok.  Relaxing and enjoying my two babies will be what is most important.

Life won't always be "picture perfect" or "blog worthy" but I want to make sure life with my two boys is worth living and loving!

If you're a mom of two (or more), how did you prepare yourself?







Do you have any tips for her? 13 months apart is no joke, but I have no doubt she will continue to be an amazing mom...Thank you, Caroline!! 



1 comment:

  1. Sorry you missed Vegas Jess! Hopefully there's another trip planned soon!! I'm with Caroline, I plan on taking it day by day and learning to let a lot of hings go BUT don't get me wrong my to do list is also a mile long with mainly things to do more with preparing meals, activities, etc for Owen.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...