Friday, October 18, 2013

5 on Friday: Fall Food Essentials




Maybe it's Cameron's age, maybe it's just being older, maybe it's the warmer weather lately, but this fall has been amazing. Simply perfect. We have been able to be outside a ton and have started some really fun traditions that I am already excited to do next year!





1) A Good Fall Beer

I am no beer connoisseur, but I do love me a good fall beer. It can be pumpkin flavored or not, but if it's a fall beer, I will try it.



bon appetit put out a great list of their favorite beers, and I am so happy to see that Shipyard Pumpkinhead is on the list! It is brewed right here in little 'ole Portland, Maine, and it. is. delicious. 

Another local brewery is Gritty's, and their "fall" beer isn't pumpkin flavored, but it is oh-so-delicious. 



2) Chili

Chad makes a bomb-a** chili that I beg him to cook at least once a week in the fall/winter. It usually coincides with the Patriots game, which works out well. ;) It also ends up being awesome leftovers for lunch and dinner.

this is how I like mine: sour cream, cheese and nacho chips...yum!!




3) Yankee Pot Roast

This is a staple in our house lately...another easy dish with super leftovers!







4) A Hot Drink

Coffee, tea, chai latte, Hot Buttered Rum...pick your poison. I'll have one of each!

            



5) Pies

I am not a huge pie fan, but gimme a slice after a comfy dinner and it will be gone in 2.2 seconds. 

how cute are these mini pies? 


What about you? What are your favorite fall foods?

PS Check out my guest post on being a Working Mom over at E, Myself and I!

Happy Weekend, Friends!!
xoxo
Jess


5 comments:

  1. hellooo fall perfection all over this post! love that fall beer picture...the first beer (UFO) is my fall favorite! and the hubby's too. it's so good.

    and chili..yum..get. in. my. mouth!! never disappoints. :)

    happy weekend, love!!!
    xx
    elise

    ReplyDelete
  2. o.m.g. that roast looks scrumptious! I will be putting it on our menu for next week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. All perfect for Fall. That roast and chili look amazing and I love a good Fall beer :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness, this post is making me so hungry. And craving a beer. Is it happy hour time yet?

    ReplyDelete
  5. aahh! Fall Beer!! I want one NOW! Yay, for a Happy fun Fall season!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...