Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Summer Vacation Part I: Seabrook Island, SC

Would you ever turn down a free trip to the beach? I almost did, but I am soooo glad we ended up going!! My mom rented a condo on Seabrook Island, SC, which is about 45 minutes from Charleston, and invited us to come. Now, Charleston is one of my favorite cities in the US, but I was feeling so overwhelmed with the end of the school year, Cameron's birthday party, visitors and everything else summer was throwing at us, that I felt like I needed that week to be home to get stuff done.

Then I had my last week at school and decided that what I really needed was a week at the beach. :) So, we booked our flights, packed our bags and Cam and I were off to SC for 6 days.

We had access to the beach, the pool, bikes, shops and more...it was such a wonderful week and my mom took Cam a lot so I could actually relax (and get some sun).

Our trip started off a little rough with delays on the tarmac and Cam not wanting to go to sleep, but he finally did and everyone around me was such a huge help!! (It's amazing how helpful complete strangers are when you are travelling alone with a baby! I was stunned.)


Ready for take-off

Passed out at the airport

Good morning, South Carolina!

Morning yoga

Stanley the Sea Turtle

Waiting out the rain...we did a lot of this while we were there!

One of the many beautiful homes on the island

Nap time by the pool

Relaxation mode

Beautiful sunsets

Charleston...Loulou was a saint to go in the water with Cam!

Lunch with CJ

'
Cooling off at the airport

Keeping entertained during one of our many delays




As you can see, Cameron had plenty of attention and we all enjoyed ourselves thoroughly. It was such a nice start to our summer together, but we did miss Chad while we were gone!!

P.S. Stay tuned for a guest post on travelling with kids...I'm sure we could all write our own post, but some extra help is always welcomed! 





3 comments:

  1. So fun!! We live in Charleston now!! I am loving it so far! So glad you guys had a great vacay!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you went!! Looks like you had a great time! The beach helps everything ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute photos! Traveling with a baby is HARD work! The pool looks amazing though. What a fun trip. I've never been to SC.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...