Monday, May 6, 2013

Blogging everyday in May...well, almost

We just returned from our amazing trip to Holland, and my brain somewhere on the boarder of fried and wired. I am catching up on a few of my absolute favorite blogs (because I don't have nearly enough time to read everything I've missed), and I see that Natasha is participating in "Blog Everyday in May Challenge" via Jenni! This seems like the perfect way to get back into blogging (which I really want to do), so here are days 1-4 to get semi-caught up!!



Day 1: The story of my life in 250 words or less
I was born and raised in Portland, Maine, as an only child with lots of aunts, uncles, cousins and grandparents. I've always been an athlete and decided to major in Sport Management in college only to return to grad school for Special Education after working for a MiLB team for two years. I met a guy, got married, got divorced then found the love of my life, Chad. I taught for one year in Virginia, moved to Maryland with my LOML then moved back to Maine when we got pregnant. We moved in with my mom, both found jobs then Cameron was born on July 1, 2012, and our lives are finally settling down. We are about to start building a house in Cumberland, Maine, and our minds are consumed with turning the house into our home.

Day 2: Educate us on something you know a lot about or are good at
Chad always says that I am simple-minded, which can be a good thing (or a bad thing). I can explain something in 12 seconds that takes him 3 minutes. My mind is constantly skipping ahead as to not be consumed with too many details (which can be the bad part because I miss a lot). When I read something, I usually skip ahead then go back if I need more details. When someone is telling me a story (or we are watching a movie), I can usually predict the ending or the next thing that is going to happen because I pay attention to the really important details and use common sense, something else I have a lot of. However, I am not good at academic stuff (which is odd considering I am a teacher), so my common sense has to get me by. ;)

Day 3: Things that make you uncomfortable
Confrontation. The end. I hate it. I hate being confronted. I hate confronting people. My face gets red. My heart beats faster. My hands get sweaty. My voice gets shaky. Get it? It makes me uncomfortable.

Day 4: Favorite quote
"Always be kinder than necessary because everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle." - JM Barrie


1 comment:

  1. I love your favorite quote --- it's one of mine too.... if only everyone would read that and read it again every.single.morning! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...