Friday, April 19, 2013

Travel Necessities

When we first started planning our trip to Holland (We leave one week from today, by the way!!!), I immediately started planning our "travel outfits." We will be traveling for 9 hours with a 3 hour lay-over in Dublin, so comfort is my #1 priority.

My plan is to wear yoga pants, a tank top, a big and warm cardigan and easy slip off shoes. I think I will wear my Sperry's since I can add some socks when we are on the plane. (My feet are always so cold when I fly!) A maintenance/comfy outfit is also key since we will be taking Cam and my main focus will be him.

Speaking of Cameron, we will be putting him in overnight diapers and pajamas for our trip. We will also have lots of quiet toys for him to play with on the airplane as well as Baby Einstein movies on repeat! Pacifiers and bottles will be nearby during take-off and landing, and lots and lots of snacks should keep him occupied if he's not sleeping! We are also bringing a blanket that's big enough to keep him (and maybe us) warm, but small enough to travel with. (It's an LLBean fleece blanket.)

Oh, a couple of big bags will house all of our Cameron's stuff, but less will be more so we won't look like that family...Who am I kidding? We will be that family.



Travel Outfit


Do you have any other traveling tips for us?

We will have our BOB for travel within the airport (and to keep Cam contained during meals and bathroom visits), but we are going to leave the ERGO at home...he's never been a fan, and it will just be extra baggage - literally.




3 comments:

  1. yay for traveling! I have flown with both boys MANY times! You can do it! The bob is awesome for travel, but be warned that some airlines are no longer allowing you to check it at the gate-- they are requiring it to be checked under the plane with the other baggage because it weighs a lot. We found this out the hard way and had to carry Andy through the airport (along with alllll of our STUFF). Might want to check with your airline!!! Let me know if you need any other tips for flying!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so excited for you guys! Mac and I just took our first solo trip to Dallas this past weekend. It was tough not having an extra set of hands to help with the baby, but we survived. I packed lots of snacks for the flight - stuff I'd usually never give him (mini Oreos, etc.) so he was thrilled! He also really liked to play with the stickers I brought and that book of family members I made for him. He usually can't sit still for very long, but he did great on both 2 hour flights. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a great list...we will for sure need to start introducing the iPad/iPhone for traveling this summer. Oy!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...