Thursday, January 17, 2013

Detox Smoothie

So, I am starting a 30-day detox in February, but I have already started to incorporate some aspects of the detox into my diet already (parts that I hope to continue after the detox).*

One of the major changes I have made is taking cow's milk out of my diet, which includes switching to using Almond Milk in my smoothies. {Sidenote: Do you know how bad cow's milk is for you? Yikes!}

I made a smoothie the other day and wanted to share...I am always just using whatever I can find in the fridge to throw into my smoothies, but this one was especially tasty!!

Ingredients:
1/2 Cup Almond Milk (amount varies depending on the consistency you prefer)
1 Banana (this made for a very banana-y flavor, so use 1/2 if you aren't a fan)
A handful of spinach (you can't taste this at all, so don't be shy!)
1 Cup of frozen strawberries
2 Tablespoons Almond Butter (Almond Butter makes the shake thicker, so use less if you don't like a thick consistency.)
2 Scoops Arbonne Vanilla Protein Power
1 Cup of ice (again, this depends on your preference)


All ready to blend...

Do you like the uninterested baby in the background?! Don't worry, I kept him occupied with Mum Mums!

Yum Yum Delicious

This made a more than one shake (I always tend to make more than I need because I keep adding stuff), but it's always good to have some leftovers waiting for you in the fridge when you reach for a snack!

What are your favorite smoothies? I am going to post a few other recipes that I have found (real recipes, not ones that I make up) that have been extra delicious, too!



xoxo,
Jess

*If you are interested in more information on the 30-day detox, let me know! It's simple to follow and, yes, you can eat real food!!


1 comment:

  1. I make these all the time, just without the protein powder. So good!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...