Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Hi, I'm Jess.

Hi, there. This is kind of awkward...I wanted to write a post about us and our family, but I have no idea how to do that without being very generic. So, I will just start writing...

I'm Jess. Chad's my "partner." We aren't married, but we have a little boy together. His name is Cameron. I don't have a fancy camera, so our pictures aren't great, but they work. I teach. Chad cooks.

I know I have you hook, line and sinker now!

We are obviously a very untraditional family, as you can tell, but it's not just because we are not married with a baby...

We've both been married. And divorced. We both had big, expensive weddings with lots of friends and family present. And those friends and family still support us...as odd as our story is!

Chad also has two daughters who live in Holland (the country). We haven't seen them since April 2011. It's not easy. At all. 

Oh yeah, he was once my boss. So taboo! 

And, we uprooted ourselves from Virginia to move to Maine without jobs or a place to live. (Thank goodness my mom has a big basement!)

But, we are happy. And in love.

We are struggling financially...we have credit card debt, student loans, childcare, child support, car payments...when will it ever end? It doesn't seem fair sometimes. We work hard. We're educated. We're experienced. We're ADULTS. Why are we living with my mom? It's hard sometimes, but it's taught us to be patient and wait for Him to tell us what our next step is.

I started writing this blog for our family to keep up with us and Cameron, and I have quickly become attached to some other "Mommy Blogs." I love to read about other babies, products, routines, methods, clothes, and toys, but also find myself checking out some blogs that have nothing to do with babies. I do tend to write about Cameron more than anything because this is for us and our family, and it's already become such a great "Baby Book" for us to look back on. I can't imagine how fun this will be to have in a few years when Cameron is a toddler and maybe Baby #2 is on the way!!

So, if you have a blog about babies (or fashion, food. teaching or decorating), please let me know!! I'd love to follow along...





















11 comments:

  1. Love your story :) unique with lots of love.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this post, Jess. I'm a huge proponent that us moms need to share the good, the bad, the funny - all of it. It's so important to have support as a new mommy, a woman, and in family. You and Chad are doing great. Keep your chin up - great things are coming your way!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, you are a little unconventional, but you LOVE each other, so who is to say what is conventional??? All that matters is your love! I read many blogs with moms who only post the positive lovey dovey stuff. I think it is so important to keep it REAL! I kept it real for the first year of my blog (and still try to, obviously), and it was so fun to go back and read about our trials and tribulations after the fact. They seemed so large and all-consuming at the time, but a year later, they are just minor little blips. Keep on loving and posting!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I came over from the link up because I'm also a boy mom! Cameron is a cutie patootie!

    I also wanted to say that I love your honestly. We struggle financially as well and began Dave Ramsey's Financial Peace University last year to try to get back into financial shape. You're right, it isn't easy. It's hard to say no sometimes. But it's worth it for the kiddos right?

    Glad to "meet" you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So good to get to know you better! We all struggle, you're not alone! I think it's hard when we read blogs because some peoples lives seem so perfect, but it's just a small glimpse !

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are adorable! I can just tell i am going to love your blog!!!
    We aren't a traditional family either. Chris and I have been together for five years, and we have a three year old little girl. When you live together and are raising your child together it kind of makes marriage seem like just a certificate. If you ask chris and i we are already married because to us we are. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your story and I can relate in so many ways! =) We all struggle, you are definitely not alone! My husband and I just recently picked up and moved to Florida with no job, no place to live and no family so I can definitely understand how scary that is! We are a yours, mine and ours family as well! Glad I found your blog, I am excited to learn more! BTW, my son is Camren too just spelled different!

    Kate @ www.raisingtherogers.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jess! This is my favorite post to date. Not because I don't love the updates of your adorable little man (I doooo), but because I love getting to "know you" a little better. Your story might be untraditional but you've got the most important foundation down - it's obvious you love each other, you love your little boy and you love God. What more does anyone need to be a family? xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice blog...sitting here needing to go to bed since my little man is asleep and I wanted to read more! I just started a blog to http://theouttakesoflife.blogspot.com/ I am only a couple posts in but please stop by! I follow a couple other mommy blogs but they all have little girls so it will be nice to add you to the mix! It will be fun seeing our boys growth up hundreds of miles away but only a couple of weeks a part! Holland

    ReplyDelete
  10. My little girl is about the same age as Cameron:) I'm happy to find another blogger with a baby the same age! I'm also from MA so I love reading blogs of people in New England...makes home feel a little closer.

    I came by from the Women Connect linkup and I'm looking forward to reading more:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I don't know how I missed this post, but I big puffy heart it :) You are such a sweet lady and that little Cameron is just too presh for words! Please give him a big smooch for me and Stella! HUGS!!!!!!!!!!xooxoxxoxo

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...